RILA MONASTERY SHUTTLE TOUR
TIME OF DEPARTURE :
TOUR TOTAL LENGTH :
We are a travel agency City Tour and we have been operating since 2002!
- Enjoy a convenient round transportation from Sofia to the Rila Monastery and back
- Explore the Rila Monastery, the biggest monastery in Bulgaria
- Enjoy a day in the mountains
With this day trip, you will be able to visit Rila Monastery – the most important and famous Bulgarian one!
This shuttle-group tour departs at 9.00 in the morning from Alexander Nevsky square, Behind the cathedral – please be there at 8:45 and check for the “City Tour” van or bus.
You will travel about 2 hours on a scenic road to the Rila Monastery- the biggest and most important monastery in Bulgaria. It was established back in the 10th century. The current buildings are from the mid. 19th century, with a defensive tower that survived from the 14th century.
In the monastery complex, you will admire the impressive architecture and frescoes, while the guide tells you its story and legends. The guided tour is about 40 minutes.
fter this, you will have about 2.5 hours of free time during which you can visit the history museum, take photos, check the shops and have a lunch break.
The expected return to the center of Sofia is between 4:30 pm and 5 pm.
Audio guides in the following languages are available for the monastery and the church: Spanish, Italian, German, French and Russian. They cost 5 euro more per device and should be ordered before the tour!
- Professional English – speaking guide
- Group tour
- Transportation by a comfortable bus/ minibus
- Trip to the Rila Monastery
- Rila Monastery museum - 4 euro (8 levs) / optional visit
- Audioguide (optional)- 5 euro per device
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Booking in advance and confirmation is required!
- Meeting time: 8:45 am - the van/bus departs at 9 am and will not wait if you are late!
- Return point: returns to the original location
- People should have their knees and shoulders covered in order to enter the monastery!
- If your tour is during the weekend, please have in mind that the restaurants in the area could be crowded so you can bring your own food from Sofia in order to have more free time at the monastery.
- Bring cash with you (preferably local currency) – the shops and the restaurants in the area of the monastery accept mostly cash payments so it is important to have some money with you.
- Day trip duration: 7-8 hours