We are a travel agency City Tour and we have been operating since 2002!
· Explore two UNESCO world heritage sites with one tour
· Visit the Boyana church and see its amazingly well preserved medieval frescoes
· Visit the Rila Monastery- the largest monastery in Bulgaria. See its museum, authentic monk rooms and the old defensive tower
· Have lunch at a great local restaurant
· Taking care of the nature we do eco friendly tours with CNG and electric cars.
With this tour, you will be able to visit Rila Monastery and Boyana church- UNESCO World Heritage sites. Learn their old history and legends as your guide's commentary takes you back into time.
The tour departs at 9.00 in the morning with a pick up from your hotel, from where you will head to the Rila Monastery- the biggest and most important monastery in Bulgaria. It was established back in the 10th century. The current buildings are from the mid 19th century, with a defensive tower that survived from the 14th century. The traveling time to the monastery is 2 hours.
In the monastery complex, you will admire the impressive architecture and frescoes.
During the guided tour (45- minutes) in the inner yard and the monastery museum, you will discover the most precious pieces that are kept from the past and all the facts and stories about the most remarkable Bulgarian monastery complex. You will also have the chance to see an old and authentic monk room!
After the guided tour you will have about 2.5 hours free time for lunch, photos, and to visit the musuems (optional).
Then, you will depart to the next stop, which is is at the great UNESCO historical place – Boyana church, dating back to the 11th century, which has unique and very well preserved frescoes and pictures from the period of the 13th century. The inside visit of the church is limited to 10-minutes due to its small size.
The expected return at you hotel is at 5 pm.
Check also our shuttle group tour:
- Hotel pick up at 9 am by a private car. Please indicate your hotel
- People should have their knees and shoulders covered in order to enter the monastery!
- Bring cash with you (preferably local currency) – the shops and the restaurants in the area of the monastery accept only cash payments so it is important to have some money with you.
- The Boyana church is closed on the 1st of January, on the Sunday of the Orthodox Easter, on the 24th of December, 25th of December and the 31st of December - and on such days the tour is done only to the Rila Monastery.
- Day trip duration: about 8 hours
- Prices for more than 8 people: on request; bigger groups are subjected to great discounts!
- Reference code: CT01
|1||€ 160.00||€ 160.00|
|2||€ 80.00||€ 160.00|
|3||€ 55.00||€ 165.00|
|4||€ 55.00||€ 220.00|
|5||€ 45.00||€ 225.00|
|6||€ 45.00||€ 270.00|
|7||€ 45.00||€ 315.00|
|8||€ 45.00||€ 360.00|