In City Tour we care about the environment so we are starting to offer eco- friendly tours that are done with electro mobiles. We believe that this type of car is the future of travelling since it produces zero emissions and zero noise. In Bulgaria, the infrastructure for such electro mobiles is still under development, but despite that we are able to offer tours with them to some of the most popular destinations that can be reached from Sofia. If you book such tour, you will also give your contribution for the preservation of the environment. These tours usually are done with Hunday Kona, which is a big and comfortable car.
· Explore two UNESCO world heritage sites with one tour
· Visit the Boyana church and see its amazingly well preserved medieval frescoes
· Visit the Rila Monastery- the largest monastery in Bulgaria. See its museum, authentic monk rooms and the old defensive tower
· Have lunch at a great local restaurant
With this tour, you will be able to visit Rila Monastery and Boyana church- UNESCO World Heritage sites. Learn their old history and legends as your guide's commentary takes you back into time.
The tour departs at 9.00 in the morning and the first stop is at the great UNESCO historical place – Boyana church, dating back to the 11th century, which has unique and very well preserved frescoes and pictures from the period of the 13th century.
After exploring it, you will head to the Rila Monastery- the biggest and most important monastery in Bulgaria. It was established back in the 10th century. The current buildings are from the mid 19th century, with a defensive tower that survived from the 14th century.
In the monastery complex, you will admire the impressive architecture and frescoes.
During the guided tour in the inner yard and the monastery museum, you will discover the most precious pieces that are kept from the past and all the facts and stories about the most remarkable Bulgarian monastery complex. You will also have the chance to see an old and authentic monk room!
Before going back to Sofia, you will have free time for a lunch break in a great local restaurant with delicious cuisine.
- Hotel pick up at 9 am by a private car. Please indicate your hotel
- People should have their knees and shoulders covered in order to enter the monastery!
- Bring cash with you (preferably local currency) – the shops and the restaurants in the area of the monastery accept only cash payments so it is important to have some money with you.
- The Boyana church is closed on the 1st of January, on the Sunday of the Orthodox Easter, on the 24th of December, 25th of December and the 31st of December - and on such days the tour is done only to the Rila Monastery.
- Day trip duration: about 8 hours
- Reference code: EM02
Book on-line, by e-mail or by phone:
+359 894 40 41 41; +359 894 99 99 08; +359 2 980 46 86;
Specify the name of the tour and its reference code.
Reservations made after 8pm should be confirmed by us via email or phone call.
|1||€ 160.00||€ 160.00|
|2||€ 80.00||€ 160.00|
|3||€ 55.00||€ 165.00|
|4||€ 55.00||€ 220.00|
|5||€ 165.00||€ 825.00|
|6||€ 85.00||€ 510.00|
|7||€ 60.00||€ 420.00|
|8||€ 60.00||€ 480.00|