- Taste traditional Bulgarian “banitsa” in a village house
- Hike through the Melnik sand pyramids
- Visit Rozhen Monastery, the largest Orthodox monastery in the Pirin region
- Taking care of the nature we do eco friendly tours with CNG and electric cars.
The tour starts at 9.00 from the hotel that you are staying in Sofia. Your first stop which will be Melnik. The smallest town in Bulgaria, Melnik, is nested in the south slopes of Pirin, among sand pyramids with queer forms. It is situated in the Sandanski Municipality, Blagoevgrad county, 175 km south from Sofia, and it is only 30 km from the borderline with Greece.
The findings from the antiquity discovered upon the archaeological diggings testify for its centuries-old history. Melnik is declared a natural and architectural reserve and it attracts thousands of tourists annually. The wine which is produced by the unique Bulgarian brand Wide Melnik Vine has a wonderful quality, scents of ripe cherry, herbs, and in the presence of oak it develops nuances of tobacco and leather. It is one of the attractions of the town and the region, and it attracts many admirers from the whole world. You can sample it in some of the wineries and cellars in the town and around it.
After a stop for lunch in a typical Bulgarian restaurant, you will start the hiking tour to Rozhen monastery. It is the largest Orthodox monastery in the Pirin region. The monastery is comparatively well preserved and every year it is visited by many tourists from various countries.
The expected return in Sofia is at 7pm.
- Hotel pick up at 9am. by a private car. Please indicate your hotel.
- Prices for more than 8 people: on request; bigger groups are subjected to great discounts!
- Day trip duration: 10 hours
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Reference code: CT07
|1||€ 200.00||€ 200.00|
|2||€ 100.00||€ 200.00|
|3||€ 70.00||€ 210.00|
|4||€ 70.00||€ 280.00|
|5||€ 55.00||€ 275.00|
|6||€ 55.00||€ 330.00|
|7||€ 55.00||€ 385.00|
|8||€ 55.00||€ 440.00|