This day trip is a great chance to visit in one day the famous Rila Monastery and to try some of the best local wines.
The tour departs at 9.00 in the morning with a pick up from your hotel. From there, you will head to the Rila Monastery- the biggest and most important monastery in Bulgaria. It was established back in the 10th century. The current buildings are from the mid 19th century, with a defensive tower that survived from the 14th century. In the monastery complex, you will admire the impressive architecture and frescoes. The visit to the monastery is about 2 hours, combined with some free time.
During the guided tour in the inner yard and the monastery museum, you will discover the most precious pieces that are kept from the past and all the facts and stories about the most remarkable Bulgarian monastery complex. You will also have the chance to see an old and authentic monk room!
After that, you will go to a traditional local winery. There you will have a one- hour guided tour during which you will learn about the process of wine production and you will try 5 different sorts of the popular wines (tapas and meze provided with them).
The expected return in Sofia is at about 5pm.
- Hotel pick up at 9am by a private car. Please indicate your hotel
- People should have their knees and shoulders covered in order to enter the monastery!
- Bring cash with you (preferably local currency) – the shops and the restaurants in the area of the monastery accept only cash payments so it is important to have some money with you.
- Day trip duration: about 8 hours
- Prices for more than 8 people: on request; bigger groups are subjected to great discounts!
- Reference code: CT82
Book online, by e-mail or by phone:
+359 894 40 41 41; +359 894 99 99 08; +359 2 980 46 86;
Specify the name of the tour and its reference code. “Last minute” reservations are accepted up to 12 hours before the starting time of the tour.
Reservations made after 8pm should be confirmed by us via email or phone call.
|1||€ 170||€ 170.00|
|2||€ 85||€ 170.00|
|3||€ 75||€ 225.00|
|4||€ 75||€ 300.00|
|5||€ 60||€ 300.00|
|6||€ 60||€ 360.00|
|7||€ 60||€ 420.00|
|8||€ 60||€ 480.00|