- Visit Zemen Monastery – one of the oldest monasteries in Bulgaria
- Discover Osogovo Monastery “St. Joackim”, one of the most beautiful monasteries
in the Republic of North Macedonia
- Use the opportunity to try local Macedonian barbecues and dishes
- Taking care of nature, we do eco-friendly tours with CNG and electric cars.
The tour starts at 9.00 from the hotel that you are staying at, in Sofia. First you will visit the Zemen
Monastery "St. John the Theologian", situated on the left bank of the Struma River, just one kilometer
away from the town of Zemen, Pernik Province, and 75 km southwest of Sofia. The church of “Saint John
the Theologian” in Zemen monastery was built in the 11th century and is one of the oldest monuments of
medieval Bulgarian architecture and art. Fragments from the first layer dated from the 11th century were
discovered in the right apse, representing the images of Saint Joachim and Saint Anne, as well as Saint
Constantine and Saint Helena. The guided visit at the monastery is about 30 minutes.
After this, you will continue to Ossogovo Monastery “St. Joachim”, which is situated 80 km from Zemen
and just 3 km from Kriva Palanka, RNM. The present monastery has two churches - the old one “Holy
Mother of God”, which was built in the 13th century, and the new one, St. Joachim Ossogovski – in the
19th century. The most impressive wall paintings were done by Dimitar Papradishki. It’s unusual to see
frescoes on the outside walls of Orthodox churches and monasteries, but here you will see a very well
-preserved fresco of the Judgement Day theme. In the monastery you will have about 30-minute guided
tour and some free time. After that, you will go to the nearby village where you can have a lunch break
and try traditional local food.
The expected return in Sofia is at 6pm.
- Hotel pick up at 9 am by private car. Please indicate your hotel.
- Prices for more than 8 people: on request; bigger groups are subjected to great discounts!
- Day trip duration: 10 hours
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Reference code: CT101
|1||€ 220.00||€ 220.00|
|2||€ 110.00||€ 220.00|
|3||€ 80.00||€ 240.00|
|4||€ 80.00||€ 320.00|
|5||€ 70.00||€ 350.00|
|6||€ 70.00||€ 420.00|
|7||€ 70.00||€ 490.00|
|8||€ 70.00||€ 560.00|